Saturday, February 21, 2009

Finished Firescreen

OMG! I'm posting again!

What a few months it's been. I've been alternately without a computer or without Internet for a while, due to computer hardware warranty issues, culminating in having to send my laptop to Houston for repairs. Plus my car acting up, plus my daughter getting strep throat...

Add to that the fact that work has been extremely taxing and you have the result that I have done bupkes in terms of crafts. But no longer! I actually finished a project!

Et voila:

This little firescreen is 12 inches tall; the framed embroidery is 4 inches tall by 4.25 inches wide. And it doesn't stand all wonky and lean-y like this; that's just the wonky photographer, i.e. me.

I bought the empty firescreen on eBay, and after much procrastination designed and stitched the screen part. It's going to accompany my asian ball jointed doll in her 18th century finery. Said finery is forthcoming; she has undies, a wig, shoes and an appropriate chair. My next task is to photograph her next to the firescreen.

BTW, my apologies to anyone who has commented and hasn't heard back from me. I, um, naively assumed that I'd get email notification whenever someone commented, and when I didn't get the email... yeah. Is it possible to get email notification, and how do I turn this on? Oy. I'm used to another blogging platform, and this blogger stuff is new.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it turned out so beautiful! Such amazing detail in such a tiny project.

    I haven't used blogger in several years (I'm a wordpress blogger), but I do remember that I did receive notice when someone posted a comment. You might check the commenting settings and see if the option is there . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!

    Off to check out the settings... Why can't they all work the same way? Hmph.

    ReplyDelete