Sunday, April 19, 2009

Baby Doll

This is BabySup Supia Seron; I haven't got a name for her yet. Isn't she an adorable little thing? She's all of 5" tall.

I found the cradle for her on eBay, and it fits perfectly. And then I made the mattress for the cradle, the little quilt, the pillow and her bonnet.

It's my second doll quilt, and much better than my first; I'm sure I could get better results if I, you know, followed a pattern or something. But most of my recent sewing projects have been winging it.

Oh, yeah! I bought a new sewing machine! It's my first new sewing machine EVER! All of my others have been hand-me-downs that were 20+ years old. This one is the Brother 5000, Project Runway version, and it is an absolute dream to work with! Thin fabrics are a bit of a challenge, though, and I need to buy a walking foot for it.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Adorable doll--and even more adorable quilt! I'm very impressed--wow! Good for you to get your first machine!

    (LOVE your blog. Just posted a link to it from my doll blog as well--I hope--if Blogger will cooperate with me.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really like the quilt and the bed! Good work!

    Also congratulations on your first sewing machine! I am on my 3rd now? I got a Husqvarna Viking Scandinavia 300 :D Good machine. Does embroidery too but I have not touch it yet. I will drag it out soon as my piggies need clothes before the meet.

    ReplyDelete