Monday, December 1, 2008

1:3 Scale 18th Century Firescreen

This is a step-by-step of an embroidered firescreen to be used as an accessory/photo prop for my Dollfies. The square in the picture is about 3" x 3". I based the design on some miniature crewel designs in this tragically out-of-print book, Miniature Embroidery for the Georgian Dolls' House by Pamela Warner. I bought an actual-Dollfie-scale (1:3 scale) 18th-century-style firescreen from eBay about a year ago, and it has no screen in it, so it is up to me to fix that. You know, eventually.
How much do I lurrve the water soluble pen? I need to make changes to the leaves, so I'll stitch to the need-to-be-changed part and then rinse and re-draw. Ba-da-bing!
The above 2 photos were Day 1.

After Day 2. I worked on it for about 30 minutes today, during breaks.
I'll post updates here, and when it's finished and assembled I'll be sure to share!
I've been trying to collect 1:3 scale 18th-century-looking pieces. I need to make a dress for my female doll, and an appropriate outfit for my male doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment